March 17, 2019
Summary of Resolutions Passed by AUC Council During 2018
January 21, 2018 & February 12, 2018
- 2018 Budget That the 2018 Budget, as presented by the Finance Committee, be recommended to the 2018 AGM.
April 9, 2018
- Confirmands: That we approve the following members of the Teen Confirmation Class for Full Membership in Aurora United Church: Brendan Ford Clark, Veronica Desiree Drost, Michael Gordon Jones, Adam Stanley Rusin and Matthew Spencer Rusin
- Election Of Officers: That Bill Newman be nominated as Chair of Council That Peter Drost be nominated as Vice-Chair of Council
May 14, 2018
- Election of Officers: That Paula Hanna and Jennifer Kenwell be elected as joint-secretaries of the Aurora United Church Council.
- Affirming Congregation:That AUC enter into a formal process to become an Affirming Congregation of the United Church of Canada.
- 200th Anniversary Committee: That Council advance to the 200th Anniversary Committee, the sum of $11,500, which represents the full cost of the 200th Anniversary History Book: producing and printing 500 copies.
June 24, 2018
- Appointments to AUC Council: that the following appointments be made to the Council of Aurora United Church effective immediately: Laurie Bentolila, Elder-at-Large and Frank Pulumbarit, Ministry Advocate, Church Community.
- Affirming Congregation: that an Affirming Committee comprised of the following be formed to lead the process of Aurora United Church becoming an Affirming Congregation: Rev. Lorraine Newton-Comar, Victoria Kyriakides, Jacquie Locke, Noah Comar, Debby Schieck, Ivor Roberts, Mary Munro and Brian Walter.
September 10, 2018
- Affirming Congregation: Amendment – Jacquie Locke to be removed from the Affirming Committee membership.
- Licence Agreement Between Trinity Anglican & AUC: That Council recommends to the Board of Trustees that the licence agreement between Trinity Anglican Church and AUC covering from September 1, 2018 to August 31, 2019 be approved.
October 1, 2018
- AV- Communications Budget : That the AV-Communications Budget be increased by $800 for the current year’s budget.
- Magna Neighbourhood Network: That AUC joins Neighbourhood Network.
- Sponsorship of Second Refugee Family: That AUC continues to work through IRR (Interfaith Refugee Resettlement) and raises funds up to $15 000 (with the possibility of an additional $15 000) to support a second refugee family.
December 10, 2018
- M&P Membership: That Heather Collins be appointed to the M&P Committee, effective immediately.