EDGE Property Committee Update…
As we continue working to meet deadlines and goals, the Edge Property Committee is pleased to report that after countless hours, many meetings, and presentations by industry experts, it was decided that we are moving forward with a quiet, low-impact, geothermal system for our new Church building.
There are many benefits from geothermal including a more efficient use of interior space, savings on future operating costs and importantly, a geothermal system will significantly reduce yearly carbon emissions compared to traditional HVAC systems and that is a move forward that we can take pride in. After all we are planning for the next 100 years!
Test drilling will commence in the not too distant future to confirm the type of system required. Both Stages three and four Archaeological reports have been submitted to the government and we look forward to their acceptance of these reports. We are also continuing to meet with the lawyers from both Amica and Succession to complete final details on our lease with a meeting scheduled for December 16th to hopefully deal with any issues.
We look forward to sharing more updates as things progress.
EDGE Property Committee Update September 15, 2019
The EDGE Property Committee has created a communication process to keep the congregation in the loop on developments and actions on an ongoing basis. Updates will appear on the website, as well as in the weekly bulletin. As always, please contact one of the EDGE Property Committee members with any questions or concerns − we’re happy to help!
1. PLANNING – Progress Report
Site Progress Stage Four Archaeological Excavation
• The Stage Four work has finally been completed by the methodical Archaeologists and the remains that were removed are being properly stored for an Internment currently being planned for a future date
• In total we have exhumed 186 remains. 86 were previously removed from the site in the 1800’s
• Bell Canada has completed their work and the title has been signed back to the church. This is completely done.
2. Succession Development Corp
• The EDGE Property Committee has been meeting with Succession and Amica regarding their building plans and how they will effectively integrate with AUC building plans
3. EDGE Property Committee at Work
• Our committee continues to meet monthly, bi-monthly or weekly as necessary
• We are currently working on an updated Budget and any design revisions necessary to meet our targets
• We have completed a comprehensive review of the Audio/Visual needs with several AV companies to develop plans in 3-tiers for the final choice
• Our architect Bob Murphy has retained his team of structural, mechanical, electrical and acoustical engineers plus an interior design consultant and their work progresses
• When these final drawings are completed another quantity survey will provide detailed estimated costs which Succession (the Construction Company chosen for our church build) will use to get trade quotations and a final cost will be presented to AUC in the form of a CCDC contract for review and approval
• We will be charting our next steps along with projected timelines
Next EDGE Meeting – September 17, 2019
EDGE Committee members: Brian North (chair), Holly Todd Williamson (secretary), John Clement, Doug Gilpin, Crawford Heritage, Pat Innes, Scott Sinclair, Dave Snelgrove, Rev. Andy Comar, Rev. Lorraine Newton-Comar.
Respectfully submitted by Brian North (Chair of EDGE Property Committee)
Missed these Town of Aurora meetings? Click on the links below to view them. New links will be added as they are made public.