Building Our Future
Building Our Future
Building Our Future ~ What’s New as of MAY 18, 2017
The EDGE Property Committee has created a communication process to keep the congregation in the loop on developments and actions on an ongoing basis. Updates will appear on the website, as well as in the weekly bulletin. As always, please contact one of the EDGE Property Committee members with any questions or concerns − we’re happy to help!
PLANNING – Progress Report
- Offer to Lease signed by the Trustees of AUC on behalf of the Congregation and by Southbound Developments – January 31, 2017. A deposit cheque is being held by our lawyer.We are now in full swing to get things moving!
- Original site plan agreement presented to Town of Aurora - December 16, 2016
- Public Meeting at Town Hall (March 22, 2017) – concerns of neighbours and Town Council about the plan submitted were heard
- Revised drawings have been submitted to the Town of Aurora for the site plan approval (May 2017)
- Revisions include: the height of the retirement building has been reduced by two floors building style along Temperance has changed to better reflect the residential style of the surrounding neighbourhood the parking lot off Yonge St. has been removed making room for retail or community space a second level of underground Public parking has been suggested in co-operation with the Town of Aurora that would also fulfill AUC parking needs
- The houses along Temperance and Tyler have been de-listed as houses of interest from the Heritage listings.
We have had several community meetings and correspondence with our neighbours as we continue to try to address concerns and hone a great site plan to move forward with.
Activity on Site
• PARKING LOT – The church parking lot will be closed early Spring in order to complete the Archeological study required in our Site plan agreement. The asphalt needs to be removed and there may be more extensive studies that need to be carried out.
• Next EDGE Meeting – following May 24th Public Meeting
• Approval of application/building permits received and shovels in the ground - winter 2017 (anticipated)
• Completion - Winter 2019 (anticipated)
Check out the AUC website for the latest updates and developments:
- See the presentation made to our Congregation on October 30th, 2016 by Michael Wright our EDGE Property Consultant.
- View our letter distributed to the immediate neighbours of Aurora United Church - 15186 Yonge Street
- A link to the revised architectural renderings presented to the Town of Aurora at the May 24 Public Planning Meeting
- Links to Town Public Planning Meeting videos.
EDGE Committee members: Brian North (chair), John Clement, Doug Gilpin, Crawford Heritage, Pat Innes, Scott Sinclair, Dave Snelgrove, Holly Todd Williamson, Rev. Andy Comar,
Rev. Lorraine Newton-Comar.
Missed these Town of Aurora meetings? Click on the links below to view them. New links will be added as they are made public.
Available Files to Download
To download, right-click the file and select "Save link as".