Building Our Future
Building Our Future
Building Our Future What’s New as of JANUARY 18, 2018
The EDGE Property Committee has created a communication process to keep the congregation in the loop on developments and actions on an ongoing basis. Updates will appear on the website, as well as in the weekly bulletin.
As always, please contact one of the EDGE Property Committee members with any questions or concerns − we’re happy to help!
PLANNING – Progress Report
1. Stage Four Archaeological Assessment
- A discovery of some remains from some remaining burial sites that surround the church building has moved the final archaeological assessment to a Stage 4 Archaeological site.
- The site has been closed for the winter months and will resume as soon as the ground thaws in the spring. AUC has been assured that our project is priority.
2. Appeal to the Ontario Municipal Board (OMB)
- A neighbor has taken the first steps of appeal to the (OMB) Ontario Municipal Board in opposition to the decision made by the Town of Aurora to adopt the Official Plan Amendment that allows our proposed redevelopment of the AUC site on Yonge Street
- The (OMB) Ontario Municipal Board prehearing scheduled for Jan. 4 was postponed to undetermined date in the near future due the unexpected passing of our neighbour’s lawyer
3. Bell Canada Easement
- Southbound Developments are continuing the negotiations with Bell Canada Newmarket, regarding the easement across the back of our property Please know that the EDGE Property Committee will continue to keep the congregation informed on a regular basis as new information is received regarding the Stage Four Archaeological Assessment, appeal to the OMB and the Bell Canada Easement.
4. Demolition of Houses
- The demolition of the houses can be scheduled once all utilities and services have been disconnected and the final stages for some are still in process
- Next EDGE Meeting Jan. 31 – the EDGE Committee members have been working with the architect on tweeking the design for the new church building and will continue with monthly meetings, planning for the future home of AUC
- Completion - Winter 2019 (anticipated)
Check out the AUC website for the latest updates and developments:
- See the presentation made to our Congregation on October 30th, 2016 by Michael Wright our EDGE Property Consultant.
- View our letter distributed to the immediate neighbours of Aurora United Church - 15186 Yonge Street
- A link to the revised architectural renderings presented to the Town of Aurora at the May 24
- Public Planning Meeting Links to Town Public Planning Meeting videos.
- Brian North’s full presentation to the Congregation – October 29, 2017
EDGE Committee members: Brian North (chair), John Clement, Doug Gilpin, Crawford Heritage, Pat Innes, Scott Sinclair, Dave Snelgrove, Holly Todd Williamson, Rev. Andy Comar &
Rev. Lorraine Newton-Comar
Missed these Town of Aurora meetings? Click on the links below to view them. New links will be added as they are made public.
Available Files to Download
To download, right-click the file and select "Save link as".
- Letter to AUC Neighbours.pdf
- Aurora.Public Planning Meeting.03.22.17.pdf
- Aurora Town Council.Public Planning Meeting.Bookmarks.05.24.17.pdf
- Aurora Town Council.Public Planning Meeting.05.24.17.pdf
- Aurora Town Council.General Committee.07.04.17.pdf
- Aurora Town Council Meeting.07.11.17.pdf
- EDGE Property Committee Update.October.29.17.docx