Come and Hear us Ring at AUC!
Sunday Morning Services (11 AM)
- February 23, 2020 – EmBellished
- March 8, 2020 – Bellissimo
- April 5, 2020 - Bellissimo
- May 31, 2020 - Bellissimo
- June 7, 2020 – Faith-A-Peal
Special AUC Concerts and Services
- April 12, 2020 – 10 AM – Easter Service – Faith-A-Peal – Aurora High School
- May 3, 2020 – 4 PM - Rejoice Exceedingly! Concert – Joint Handbell concert with Trinity Anglican Church and Mount Albert United Church
EmBellished Ringing in the Community
- April 8, 2020 – 10:30 AM – Chartwell Park Place (15055 Yonge St, Aurora)
- April 21, 2020 – 10:30 AM – Sunrise of Aurora (3 Golf Links Drive, Aurora)
- April 22, 2020 – 11 AM – Chartwell Hollandview Trail (200 John West Way, Aurora)
DO YOU WANT TO BE A RINGER?
Rehearsals run from September to mid-June as follows:
- Faith-A-Peal – Wednesday nights 5:30pm-6:45pm
- Bellissimo – Wednesday nights 7:00pm-8:15pm
We are always looking for new members to join our music ministry. No previous experience is necessary and instruction on Handbell technique will be provided. Knowledge of basic music notation would be beneficial, although it is not required.
If interested, please contact Lisa Kyriakides firstname.lastname@example.org or 647-828-3317.
AUC Handbell Program and Mission
The Handbell Program at AUC began in 2004, under the direction of then AUC Music Director Mark Ruhnke, with the purchase of 3 octaves of Schulmerich English Handbells and the formation of Faith-A-Peal Handbell Ensemble.
Over the past 15 years the program has grown to include 4 octaves of Schulmerich English Handbells, 4 octaves of Malmark Handchimes, Faith-A-Peal and Bellissimo Handbell Ensembles and EmBellished, our Handbell Quartet. Since 2010 the Handbell program at AUC has been under the direction of Lisa Kyriakides, a long-time member of Aurora United Church.
In 2011, the members of Faith-A-Peal, Bellissimo and EmBellished created a mission statement for the Handbell Program. This thoughtful work summarizes what we have always known: Handbells are a vibrant and vital part of life at AUC.
- to participate in worship services and special events by being part of the rich program of musical offerings at AUC
- to add a dimension to worship that heightens the theme, enriches the spiritual mood, and allows the congregation to relax and rejoice
- to serve God
- to help retain and grow the congregation, help with fund-raising, and to reach out into the community
- to make available a program for which most skills can be learned, making it accessible to anyone
- to share a unique type of music that is not available in most churches